Friday, April 27

silo.


I recently made a trip to the brilliant So Far the Future gallery to see their current (and excellent) All About Hats exhibition - catching up with the work of these fab milliners.

But my visit also acquainted me with the work of the previous space holders: Silo design studio, whose Plastic Alchemy show I seem to have just missed.

"Hand made high tech" is how they describe themselves, and while their lofty design process intimidates (often involving intricate moulds and "growing" polystyrene building materials), the resultant bookshelves, tables, chairs and miscellany retain a playful un-pretension not often found in Designs of the Year nominated furniture. Joy of joys, I'd eat my ice cream Sundays off of these bad boys any day!

Silo's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment